2017 Stake Merit Badge Program
To provide more opportunities for Scouts to earn merit badge, we have moved to monthly merit badge clinics that focus on a single merit badge. Here are the highlights:
- Offer 9 required for Eagle merit badge clinics this year with a single merit badge once each month (minus Jan, Jun (summer camp), Dec (holidays).
- Only those who need/want the merit badgewill need to attend and mostly organized by parents to get individual boys there.
- Scouts can choose just the merit badges they still needs from one to all 9 merit badges throughout the year.
- Most merit badges can be completed because the monthly clinic will run as many hours as needed to complete the merit badge for that day. There are some exceptions of Pre/Post work noted with each merit badge. For requirements that require more time the counselors will keep track of the group that attend to finish them out. Like 90 days later of fitness for Personal Fitness merit badge.
- The number of scouts in classes will not be limited. We will add leaders/counselors for every 10 boys that register.
- Website is available throughout the year for registration or to cancel/edit the registration.
Merit Badge Clinic Schedule and Details
- The following are the dates for the Stake Merit Badge days:2/24 – Communications Merit Badge
3/24 – Merit Badge to be selected*
4/28 – Merit Badge to be selected*
5/19 – Merit Badge to be selected*
7/28 – Merit Badge to be selected*
8/25 – Merit Badge to be selected*
9/22 – Merit Badge to be selected*
10/20 – Merit Badge to be selected*
11/10 – Merit Badge to be selected*
*Merit badge will be selected based on all scoutmaster requests collected in January and early February.
FOUR EASY STEPS TO REGISTER
- Scout (with parent) go to this site https://cypressmeritbadgeclinic2017.eventbrite.comand click the green ‘Register’ button.
- Password when prompted is: cypress
- For the merit badge(s) the scout is committed to attend (noting the date) select a 1 for each merit badge drop-down he will attend then click ‘Checkout’.
- Enter parents name, email, cell and the scouts name and troop then click ‘Complete Registration’.
An automated email will be sent with registration details and a link towards the bottom of the email called, “Your Account Log in to manage your orders”. If circumstances change and the scout cannot attend a registered merit badge please go back to Log in and edit/cancel your registration. You can edit individual merit badges so it’s not an all or nothing registration. We need the numbers to be as accurate as possible because we will increase the number of counselors/leaders to have 2 per 10 boys.